Wednesday, January 10, 2007

First Snow!


We have gotten a foot of snow bright and early this morning. I have to travel to my Parent's House because I have a nerve block tomorrow and I am not looking forward to packing up my car, digging it out of the snow, and driving in it for 2 hours. I'll be sure to pack emergency everything! Early this morning when my Husband was leaving for work, his Boss called and said he was stuck on our hill and going nowhere. When I looked out the window I saw a car 2 cars stuck in our paking lot. I can't imagine having to call someone out to pull you out of your own driveway. Needless to say, I will be going at a very slow pace today to match my very slow mood to getting ready to go. We are expecting several more inches. We have had a very mild winter before this and have a total of only 6 inches for all of our winter season. Today obviously changes that total. We are used to very heavy winters and we live in what is called the "snow belt" for NYS. Which means that we always get hit pretty hard. But the first time it happens we are never fully prepared.

www.flickr.com