Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Do you belive in Ghosts and Spirits?



















While on our trip we encountered some strange things. In the bathroom through my camera lens I spotted a round ball of light. A BIG one! So I snapped a photo of it and when we looked closer we could see 6 of them. I was trying to get a good shot of the bathroom for us IC folks. If you click on the photo you can view a close up of it and maybe you can see the other balls of light. I took maybe 6 or so photos but this one is odd. They appear in other photos around the room and the mansion and I took over 100 photos. They do not appear anywhere outside of the mansion nor do they appear in the other photos I took and have taken around my house. We could not start our fire in our room. We had to have maitenance come and it took them over 2 hours to get it started. They could not figure out what was wrong. I tried to start one of the fires in the library of the mansion and it would not start either but when I went downstairs to the living room, I was able to start that one. We went to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up screaming really loud. My Husband was sitting upright snapping his fingers as loud and fast as he could. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Something in my dream told me to sit up and snap my fingers really loud and fast, so I did." Then we went back to sleep. The next morning I was trying to dry my hair and the hair dryer just stopped working. I reset it a few times and tried a few different plugs but still nothing. That evening we were going out to eat and I went to use try the dryer again and it worked this time in the same outlet that I originally had it in. The following night we lit some candles later because we could not start the fire once again but this time the piolot light was on. My Husband wanted to make me a "fire" of candles. One of them right in the middle of the row just blew out and it wasn't sinking into the wax. The other candles remained lit. We joked around that this "ghost" must not have liked anything that had to do with heat. I guess it could not be in the room with us unless it was cold. Some skeptics say these are just dust particles in our pictures but I'm not so sure. I know I have dust in my house but it doesn't show up on the camera. I believe in spirits. I think this one was just playing with us. I did not get a bad feeling when I was in the room or the rest of the mansion. The Belhurst castle is rumored to really be huanted though. "The ghost of Belhurst Castle is that of a beautiful Italian opera singer, who fled from Spain with her lover. One night the couple raced to their secret tunnel. Just when within safety the tunnel collapsed killing the opera singer. Over the years, dozens of guests have reported seeing a woman in white standing silently on the front lawn in the middle of the night. " I have a photo of the lady that owned and put up the castle. See what you think. I do believe in some of this stuff. My Husband is on the fence about it. We'll see what happens when we go back next year. Needless to say, it takes my mind off of the harsher things in my life. It's a distraction.

Kara

www.flickr.com