Monday, June 26, 2006

Hormones and Phantom Urgency


I hope today is an ok day. I am crossing my fingers. I am calling my OBGYN later today to schedule an appointment to see her. I think that some of this phantom pain has something to do with my hormones. When my progesterone level rises so does the phantom pain. That needs to stop somehow. Unfortunately birth control pills have progesterone in them, that's the main hormone in there. There is also estrogen which doesn't usually bother me too much. But there could be some sort of new pill out that may help me with this. My period is due any moment and the phantom urgency is low at the moment. As soon as my progesterone level dropped. The Phantom Urgency Dropped too. I don't know if and when it will come back. All I know is that I am going to try to enjoy the phantom free hours and be happy. It could also be that I've adjusted to the increase in the Lyrica. We'll never know for sure until the months go by and we see a pattern or not.

Positives for today: Phantom Urgency has been down. I am praying it stays that way. Most of my urine is coming out of the Stoma. My Husband is bringing home some chocolate. I have an appt with my OBGYN for next week. Took Care of some personal chores. Got to enjoy reading and taking a cat nap.

Kara

www.flickr.com