Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Revenge of the Hormones and Phantom of the Urethra!


I'm back at the Ovulation Time of the month and like last month my hormones are just going to make the next two weeks REALLY BAD. This time of the month makes my phantom urgency intolerable. I want to SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM!!!!!!!!!!It's been one day and I already can't bear it. I guess I am going to have to call my OBGYN so next month this may not happen. She mentioned giving me a low dose of progesterone so that I won't ovulate and thus don't have to deal with the flare every month. I wonder if she could give it to me now...Hmmmmm I may call tomorrow to ask.

I was afraid this would happen. I was afraid I would have the surgery to remove the urethra and then it would not make a difference and my hormones would still drown me every month. My fears were not unfounded because it's happening! The Lyrica is not touching the pain of the urgency and niether is the lidocane patch. I am at a loss once again. I knew what I was asking for with this surgery but I didn't know that my hormones would be such a HUGE issue. I hope this is just part of the recovery and it goes away with time but GOD this is so much to handle.

I just want to have a normal life, work, play, have children, laugh and love.

I just want a rest and some peace.

Why, Why, Why,

I am miserable.............

Kara

www.flickr.com