Monday, July 24, 2006

Having a few bad days due to too much activity and hormones!



I am having a few bad days in the midst of my good week. My period is due any day now and I am feeling the phantom urges once again. I pray that this goes away once the period comes and goes. I was getting excited and starting to celebrate my good week. Hopoefully this will be just a minor setback and just that "a few bad days" they are bound to pop in on me. It's just so hard when the come unnanounced. The only thing I can do is stay in bed and not move. Taking more medication does not help. My phantom pain is just being spiked by some overactivity on Saturday (walking to ice cream) and an impending period. I just needed to vent my feelings for yesterday and today so I can appreicate the days when I feel great! This is a way for me to look back and say, "Oh yeah, I remember why that happened and what to do to make it better." The whole reason for writing this journal was to chronicle the good, bad, and ugly so others who have this surgry know that they are not alone and that some things are just normal in the recovery process.

Hang in there Kara, it will pass!

www.flickr.com