Thursday, July 20, 2006

I am tube free! That is a BEAAUTIFUL thing!


Today is a little over 3 months after my surgery. I am happy to say that I am catheter/tube free! No more tubes or bags hanging off of me. It's a beautiful site. I can wear all of my normal summer clothes now. No more skirts and empire wasted shirts. We've stumbled across a medication combo that seems to be working for the phantom urgency. We are using Keppra and Lyrica together. I am praying and crossing my fingers that this keeps on working and I can start my life again. I would like to start walking and taking pictures and listening to books on my Ipod out on my balcony in my bathing suit. For the moment I am a bit tired from the Keppra but it's worth not having the severe urgency eating at me every minute! I guess if Keppra and Lyrica are helping then that must mean that it is Neuropathic pain which is good because it may go away in several months to a year. I am very happy right now. I am cautious (still worry about the urgency) but I am happy! After all of the sad and depressing things I post, I wanted to celebrate something positive to my recovery. I just wanted to report a happy day!
Positives for today: Catheters are out! Medication Combo keeping me comfortable for the moment. I can wear my clothes. I feel like a woman!

www.flickr.com