Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My hormones are coming down.


My hormones are coming down and I've been able to cut back on they Keppra by half. While I am not thrilled about getting a period, I am certainly glad to get rid of that horrendous phantom urgency. I think it's a good sign that it at least waves in and out with the hormones at least in isn't steady so I know it's not permanent. Over the next week I'm sure I will have a few bad days but I will get through it with the help of the Lyrica and the Keppra with hope. I coud not sleep last night but then again I never can the night before the period. I hope when it's over I get at least one good week to enjoy myself before having to take the extra Lyrica that makes me sleepy for two weeks. I will see how long I can go doing this and then decide if it's more worth it to try the low dose progesterone for the month as my OBGYN had suggested if all else failed. But so far this month was doable with that meication combo. I am learning to be good at self-cathing and getting the hang of it. I keep forgetting to go and sometimes have to set my cell phone alarm clock to remind me as to not get an infection. I'm going to look for a good book on my ipod to pass my day. Just an update!

Kara

www.flickr.com