Friday, August 25, 2006

The New York State Fair



My mom and I are planning on going to the NYS Fair today and tonight. Poeple who live here know how BIG of an event this is. I missed a few years due to my IC. My mother and I went last year and now a year later, after major recontstrcution/urethrectomy and Indiana Pouch surgery. I am attempting to go again. I had no idea that this year would bring what it did. We know where a secret bathroom is so I can have my privacy. It's raining today but I think we'll have fun anyway. I like to see everything that is there! This will be my first day out from start to end where I am on my feet. I've packed an emergency bag with extra medications, underware, stoma covers, band aids, saline, syringes, extra catheters, and everything else I could think of including an extra change in clothing in case of an accident. I hope we end up enjoying ourselves despite the rain. The fair is only 5 minutes from my house, which makes it very convenient.

Kara

www.flickr.com